Here’s the thing. I’ve looked far and wide for a better description of these boots than just the brand name Lucchese 1883, but folks, it’s a tough thing to find. I bought these at a local boot vendor and picked them out of an entire warehouse full of leather souls. If you’re new to the legitimate boot market, you’ll need to know that no two boots are exactly the same. These, for example, were next to five others of the exact make and model. I chose them for the tanning color and for the fit. Although I tried on three other 7′s, these were the snuggest and the easiest to get on. If at first you don’t succeed, try try try try try again.
I received these boots on my 26th birthday from my parents, and needless to say, they’ve gotten some use on ‘em. Living in Houston, I do a lot of walking. These boots come in handy at all occasions. The best part about them is that they’re supposed to look dirty, so there are no limits! Literally, these are my magic shoes. Puddle? Save your coat – I’ve got this. Muddy soccer field? I’m on it. Sightseeing? Done. There’s nothing I can do to rough these things up, and the more I try, the cooler they look. These ladies are a classic example of excellent craftsmanship, exquisite leather, impeccable stitching, and beautiful weathering. That said, an annual polish can’t hurt.
As the fashions change, I’ve seen my fair share of boots come and go (women and men). I see the pain on people’s faces as they walk around in a Steve Maddenish attempt to sell a good boot. I’ve seen the sadness in women’s eyes as they walk into the Houston Rodeo in a pair of Gucci ‘cowboys’, realizing that despite the fortune they laid in front of the Gucci empire, they’re still failed to find the real thing.
These boots are classic. Enough said. They’re comfortable, versatile, high quality, and gorgeous. Wear them under pants, under skirts, whathaveyou. You’re a badass.
- Marcus Raichle is a true innovator and an inspiring scientist. Fabulous keynote. #ohbm2013, Jun 17
- Sensation is an abstraction, not an accurate reflection of the real world. ~V.Mountcastle #ohbm2013, Jun 17
- Converging evidence from fc, ecog, and dti support true connectivity - Tim Ellmore in RestingState workshop #ohbm2013, Jun 16
- Tea and coffee is out! #ohbm2013 Props to organizers this year for outstanding tea selection., Jun 16
- All about performing proper statistical tests when evaluating fMRI and genetic data. Thank goodness! #imaginggenetics #ohbm2013, Jun 16
- Arrived at #ohbm2013 in Seattle! Looking forward to workshops tomorrow and lots of new brainstuffs., Jun 16
- It's a good thing we perform airtight scientific studies. How else would the government justify ignoring the results? http://t.co/jovMXcI3Vr, May 13
- High levels of NFkappaB inhibits neurogenesis (produced by GrRH), which increases aging: http://t.co/frOwYOQQ8f, May 13
- RT @MarkChangizi: So simple. So stupid. So...rewarding, somehow. http://t.co/nFQiEpu00v, Apr 18
- Is there a volume button on twitter #music?, Apr 18