Much to my chagrin, someone working for Kohl’s online mistakenly priced these shoes at $9.99. That same person apparently also neglected to negate other offers, so after entering one discount code and one for free shipping, these babies arrived at my home (albeit 3 weeks later) for a grand total of $8.94. Win.
They arrived during my holiday mess of wrapping, which I have included as a backdrop for your holiday enjoyment.
These shoes are on the low end of quality, but for ~$9 I can’t complain. They are not made of real leather, which means they will not give an inch over a walking mile. It also means they’re quite stiff from the get-go, and thusly I’ll have to wear stockings for their first outing. I’ll update as soon as an outfit chooses them.
Aside from the rather obvious fact that these shoes aren’t leather (I feel like cows should have Christmas too), they’re impressively put together. The stitching on the moccasin toe is tight and neat. The stacked heel looks like a stacked heel should, rather than a pile of cardboard a third grader discarded from art class. And for the big surprise, the buckle works! I can’t see how this adjustment would make much of a difference, but if it suits your fancy, the thing is functional.
The sole of the shoe. Ah. Quite grippy, with added cushion for lasting comfort. Based on my experience, the cushion on the interior appears like it will be actually useful, as opposed to just sweaty. We’ll see how they do through the halls of the hospital. To be updated.
- Marcus Raichle is a true innovator and an inspiring scientist. Fabulous keynote. #ohbm2013, Jun 17
- Sensation is an abstraction, not an accurate reflection of the real world. ~V.Mountcastle #ohbm2013, Jun 17
- Converging evidence from fc, ecog, and dti support true connectivity - Tim Ellmore in RestingState workshop #ohbm2013, Jun 16
- Tea and coffee is out! #ohbm2013 Props to organizers this year for outstanding tea selection., Jun 16
- All about performing proper statistical tests when evaluating fMRI and genetic data. Thank goodness! #imaginggenetics #ohbm2013, Jun 16
- Arrived at #ohbm2013 in Seattle! Looking forward to workshops tomorrow and lots of new brainstuffs., Jun 16
- It's a good thing we perform airtight scientific studies. How else would the government justify ignoring the results? http://t.co/jovMXcI3Vr, May 13
- High levels of NFkappaB inhibits neurogenesis (produced by GrRH), which increases aging: http://t.co/frOwYOQQ8f, May 13
- RT @MarkChangizi: So simple. So stupid. So...rewarding, somehow. http://t.co/nFQiEpu00v, Apr 18
- Is there a volume button on twitter #music?, Apr 18